Re: Size of data

From: SC <s_c_99_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 08:28:30 +0100

Bonjour AM

There are many ways of finding the size of the table:-

  1. Easiest and fastest ! Export the table with "compress=y" option and then import the table with list values option. This will give you a script which essentially creates the table (and indexes/synonyms) again with appropriate storage parameters. If you look into this and look for the size of initial extent, that is the size of your table. (advice:- I normally export the table from production table and try to import it into test database just in case i press return key very fast and make a mess!)
  2. Refer to manual (I use Oracle 7.x) Oracle 7 server administrator guide page 8-19 Its a good way of calculating the size of your table.
  3. I have never done this (as I always use method 1) but I think that you can use dba_segments (user_segments if you dont have dba privilege)table to calculate the size of your table.

I hope this helps.

S_C_99_at_hotmail.com