Q. on Oracle licensing fees practice for pure development environments?

From: <adamvt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 19:34:14 GMT

We are a small software development company and we develop applications for our client and the underlying database of our products is Oracle. Our use of Oracle is only for development and we have no in house use for it, our client purchase our applications and buy the Oracle licenses themselves. I heard from a friend that since our environment is purely developmental we only need to pay a nominal annual usage fee to Oracle and we don't have to buy the full license. I was wondering how much this is true?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Adam Tadj.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Apr 01 2000 - 13:34:14 CST