oracle 8.0.5/solaris2.7 - rman problem

From: <vs1976_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 12:46:17 GMT

  1. two sparc both running oracle 8.0.5 under solaris 2.7
  2. one running solstice backup and has tape attached. also used as recovery for main database which is on remote box
  3. remote box holds main database and recovery catalog for box doing backup :)

backups being doing ok until some time when:

RMAN-03022: compiling command: allocate
RMAN-03023: executing command: allocate
RMAN-00569: ================error message stack
follows================

RMAN-00601: fatal error in recovery manager RMAN-03004: fatal error during execution of command
RMAN-07001: could not open channel c1
RMAN-10008: could not create channel context
RMAN-10024: error setting up for rpc polling
RMAN-10006: error running sql statement: select
distinct my.sid, sex.serial
from v$mystat my, x$ksusex sex where sex.sid = my.sid
RMAN-10002: ORACLE error: ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer
datatype

thats being cause by big x$ksusex.serial for sure cause after restarting instance on remote box everything works ok again.

Is it a known bug or I am doing something lame ?

Vladimir.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Apr 01 2000 - 06:46:17 CST