Re: Oracle DBA certification courses on CD

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:24:03 GMT

"Van Messner" <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_bestweb.net.invalid> wrote in message news:021201de.309f642e_at_usw-ex0106-046.remarq.com...
> Instructor led training is great if you can afford it. But
> for $40 you can get a set of CDs from Oracle, install it on one
> of your computers and dive in. You can learn a lot in this way.
>
> Van

Don't get me wrong: unless I had an employer with capacious wallets, I would give the Instructor-led stuff a miss, too. But working on the stuff yourself can be a hard slog: a day or so with a trainer can make scales fall from the eyes very quickly. As in all things, it's a question of balance and of what is a practicable proposition for each individual.

Regards
HJR