Re: Does RAID 5 contradict and minimize the benefit of OFA on NT?

From: david spaisman <david.spaisman_at_compaq.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:00:00 -0500

Sybrand:

Thanks for quick and helpful reply.

I had thought that mirroring the redo logs on separate disks would avoid problems if one memeber of a redo log is corrupted. How would I avoid this problem : in my configuration, I beleive I should place the redo log memebers on disk 1, 4 and disk5.

Your reply on not putting critical file on RAID 5 devices would lead me to have in my configuration(not the actual drive letters to be used):

Drive a) if this is to be raid 5, I should keep my system tablespace on disk d or disk e. If I have disk a set up for RAId 1 I would be ok?

If disk a,b c, d and e or disk b,c ,d,e are raid 5 enabled, where do I spread out the control files-- on which drives?

Thanks again for the very helpful response. Unfortunately, translating dutch would be an eternity for me.

David Spaisman

<954531184.21961.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>...