Re: Data migration from Excel to Oracle Database(8i)

From: Gerrit-Jan Linker <linker_at_oraxcel.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:22:56 +0100

Hi,

You can migrate your data from Excel to Oracle using Oraxcel. Oraxcel is an addin that provides full Oracle access from Excel.

http://www.oraxcel.com

The way this works in Oraxcel is as follows:

Open Oraxcel in Excel.
A new menu item Oracle appears in Excel. Select Oracle | Connect and connect to your database Insert a blank row on top of the data in your worksheet Specify a column name for each column on your spreadsheet

Now the real work:
Select Oracle | Insert | Multiple rows
In the table field: specify the range containing the table name In the columns field: specify the range containing the column names In the data field: specify the range containing the data

Oraxcel will now insert all the data for you. If errors occur (e.g. referential integrity violations) Oraxcel will put the error message in the column next to the data. When Oraxcel is finished it will optionally sort the data so the rows in error will be collected at the top of the sheet so it's easier to fix the errors and resubmit.

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker