Re: Help with SQL

From: Bob Duncan <bduncan_at_ksg.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 06:38:33 GMT

Not exactly sure what "BIND VARIABLES" - but its probably Oracle specific. In my world, we have to run against multiple backends so that kind of stuff is out. I wrote a function a while ago to handle this. You just pass in your string value when
building your SQL statement and this will clean it up.

Public Function UnQuote(ByVal OldQuote As String) As String

    '* Embedded quotes will cause problems when trying to run a SQL statement.

    '*

    '* Declare variables.
    Dim i As Integer, j As Integer

    '* Process each character looking for a quote.     i = InStr(OldQuote, "'")
    If i Then

        Do
            OldQuote = Left$(OldQuote, i - 1) & "'" & Mid$(OldQuote, i)
            j = i + 2
            i = InStr(j, OldQuote, "'")
        Loop Until i = 0

    End If