Efficiency question with PL/SQL code.

From: Sean <dolans_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:57:27 GMT

Here is the scenario I can not figure out which is best. I want to create a PL/SQL stored procedure/pkg for performance gains. I have a table named foobar with columns A B C and D (for lack of a better example):

foobar

I want to be able to execute the procedure passing in parameters telling the procedure WHICH columns to return like if I wanted just two columns (say A and C) vs three columns (A C and D).

I could create a SQL statement and use the Dynamic SQL package, but is there a better way to do this. In C++, you can pass parameters in (like &H000 & H0001) and find out what the user was specifying.

Is there a slick way to do this?
Thanks for you help,
Sean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 21:57:27 CST