Re: How to solve "ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Objects" problem?

From: <holmesb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:47:13 GMT

In article <21wE4.33640$n03.831071_at_news20.bellglobal.com>, "Peri Alagappan" <peri.alagappan_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I try to create types using "Create type" in SQL plus 8.0
(Oracle 8),
> I am getting the following
> error message. Could any one give the reason and solution for the
error?

> ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Objects
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Regards
> peri
>
> The objects option may not be installed. When you log into sqlplus
or svrmgrl check the banner after you connect to the database. It should indicate that the objects option is installed. If you do not see anything about objects, ask your dba to install the option if you have a license for it.

HTH Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 07:47:13 CST