Re: Ms Access connection to Oracle database

From: K Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:53:00 -0500

Ekrem wrote:

> thanks guys.
> so far, I understand I need to install sqlnet on the client side
> and either an odbc driver or oledb (driver ?).
>
> how would I go about installing oledb on client end ?

OLEDB is typically used via some type of programming language such as VB, VBA or VC++. The current wisdom is that ADO be used for this. The chief advantage of using OLEDB over ODBC is that it eliminates the need for the DSN level and is thus a better performer. Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 06:53:00 CST