A quick question about time

From: Ed <possum_at_ois.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:40:54 +0800

It is about storing Time in a date field

ie
{This does work}

insert into TableX (DATEX) VALUES ('30-Mar-2000')

{This does not Work}

insert into TableX (DATEX) VALUES ('30-Mar-2000 10:29:59')

Vb says :
[ORA-01858: a non-numeric chacter was found where a numeric was expected]

Sql*Plus Worksheet says:
[ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string]

We are enabling our SQL app to also work for Oracle. We had an Oracle DBA bring our SQL DB across to Oracle. Anybody know what has happened here ?
We looked at the data types available with in the table and there is only one date type
available to us. [DATE]. {go figure}

Much appreciated
Ed. Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 20:40:54 CST