Number to date

From: Deepa Dinendra <dinendra_at_blarg.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:58:15 -0800

Hi,
I have a table where a column representing date is storing information as number (seconds since Jan 1,1970 - from Unix system date). What is the best way to convert this number to a date when I query the table? One of the solutions I have in mind is divide the number of seconds by 86400(seconds in a day) and add it to Jan 1, 1970. but this doesn't take care of the leap years. The table has data only from 1980.

Thanks
-Deepa Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 22:58:15 CST