Need help with OAS and Servlet Initialization

From: Scott Bortman <scott_at_csihq.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:19:14 -0500

Hello,

I have the following setup:

Oracle Application Server 4.0.8
Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition (8.0.4.0.0) Solaris 2.5

I am having trouble getting my Servlets to read their parameters using getInitParameter(). The servlets work fine when tested with Sun's JSWDK2.0.

The properties are of the form:

servlet.<servlet name>.initArgs=prop1=value,prop2=value

as stated in the JServlet developer's guide. I know that I have enter this onto the Java Configuration form, but how? The developer's guide refers to the adminstrator's guide which shows a blank form!

Also, the format that is explicitly stated in developer's is JSWDK2.0 but the documentation says that OAS supports JSWDK2.1 which uses a different format. Is it a typo? Which is correct?

If anyone has the answers to these questions, please respond.

Thanks in advance,
scott Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 15:19:14 CST