ODBC error 1455

From: <data2boss_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:38:19 GMT

Hi there,

If got a problem with the ODBC-driver for Oracle.

What is the case: we use a ODBC link from Access to Oracle, everything works fine except when we have a number field with a lenght of 5 (in Oracle).
Then we get an error from the odbc-driver, something to do with translation. Strangely enough we don't have it with any other field
(also not number(4) or number (6)).

We are using Oracle 7.3, Office'97, the Oracle ODBC-driver version 2.000.301.
The error we get is something like: Oracle OCI ORA 01455 Update Column gives overflow integer-type (# 1455)
(this is translated from Dutch)

Does anybody know what the problem is ? And even more important how do we get around it ?

Many thanks
Dennis

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 11:38:19 CST