referencing objects

From: Louis <frolio_at_videoshare.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:51:29 -0500

Greetings All, I have created an Oracle 8i database that is to be used on a web database server. I have created a schema called "internet" and have been creating objects(tables, procedures, etc.) in this schema. Now, I have created a user called "inet" which will be the default user that will connect to the database via the web server.
My question is this: When the web team designs their web pages and they go to reference a procedure in the "internet" schema do they need to preface the procedure call with the schema name? For example: internet.spProcedure. Is it possible to have the login user "inet" call the procedure without prefacing it with the schema name? For example: spProcedure. I ask this because we are coming off a SQL server database and all the object where compile under the dbo user and in this case when a procedure call takes place from the web server the schema name is not needed. It is my hope to mimic this in Oracle so that our web team does not have to go through all their code to add the schema name to each procedure call.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours, Louis

frolio_at_videoshare.com Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 09:51:29 CST