Re: How to OPEN RESETLOGS when not recovering?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:59:27 GMT

Eugene,

   I'm still not sure why one wants to reset the archive redo sequence in this case. I'm very familiar with the RESETLOGS concept. But what I haven't seen is a good reason to open the database with RESETLOGS without having performed recovery first. If you've just done a cold backup, why open with RESETLOGS? What does resetting the archive redo sequence have to do with opening a database after a cold backup? To me, it seems like an unnecessary step. Is there some reason that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Brian