Trigger help

From: Peter Skipworth <skip_at_netwide.com.au>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:15:52 +1000

I hope someone can help with this - I am still an Oracle newbie, but am getting to grips with it reasonably quickly.

For several fields in my table, I have matching mod_FIELDNAME fields, which contain the date and time at which the corresponding field was last UPDATEd or INSERTed.

For example

MOD_DESCRIPTION stores the date at which the DESCRIPTION field was last altered.

I need a trigger to do something like

for every FIELD in the update/insert command {

    if a mod_FIELD field exists {

         new.mod_FIELD = :sysdate;
    }
}

Can someone please offer some advice! Please cross-post the rreply to my email address (skip_at_realestate.com.au) as I do not have time to check this newsgroup very often.

Thanks,

Peter Skipworth./ Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 21:15:52 CST