Re: VB/Access frontend access to Oracle over ODBC

From: <efflerch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:47:51 GMT

In article <38E0597F.FEC1C736_at_logica.com>, Andre Kerstens <kerstensa_at_logica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have any experience in using VB/Access frontends
connecting

> to an Oracle db over ODBC? I'm especially interested in the
performance
> of
> this combination... Maybe other possibilities here? Client likes to
keep
> its MS frontends, but wants to migrate to Oracle on unix.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andre

we re using Clientsoftware (app 100 users) accessing Oracle over odbc. There are no technical problems and performance is for our tasks also ok. You are also able to access Unix(we have Linux) without problems

We have start to migrate to a citrix terminalserver on which the VB-application is installed. And all User can acces apllication via browser in intranet. So now i have only to administrate one terminalserver + databasesserver and not 100 clients

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 04:47:51 CST