how can I delete rows without using subquery?

From: Maggie <maggiezhou_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:54:31 -0800

In oracle, can we delete rows after table join? I would like remove the records in MR11 table that order_nr and item_nr are same in the TEST but item_delivery is sth other than the null and 71. How can I do that?

I try to create the query as follow:

delete from MR11 m, test t

    where (m.order_nr = t.order_nr)

       and (m.item = t.ITEM_NR)
       and (r11.item_delivery is not null and r11.item_delivery != '71' );

However, it show me the error:
delete from ordq.MR11_ORDERS_TAB m, sumtest r11

                                *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended.

I don't want use where exists (subquery) because it take very long time to delete thousands of rows. Do you have any idea how can I do that? Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 12:54:31 CST