Re: Export - Compress question

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:48:58 GMT

Thanks. I didn't drop and recreate the table, I just truncated it. I thought the import would override the initial extent if I chose compress in the export. But you're saying that isn't so? I guess the index came back in one extent because it was recreated when the rows were imported back in.

Van

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:953920488.16818.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...
> However, you didn't recreate the table, if I read correctly.
> So your initial extent is not 400k, as it should have been after import of
> file with compress extents.
> So it is not amazing the table is not in one single extent.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> Van Messner <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_discovernet.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > I have a table of 400K bytes with an inital extent of 256K and
> > a next of 4K. It has thrown extents.
> > I exported the table, truncated the table, reset the storage
> > parameter next to 256K and imported the table. The export
> > parfile had compress=Y.
> > After import the table came back in at two extents. I thought
> > compress always forced the existing rows into one extent.
> > Did I miss something?
> >
> > Van
> >
> > PS: the only table index which was 350K had an initial extent
> > of 256K and a next of 4K. I reset its storage parameter next to
> > 256K when I did the table. After import the index is in one
> > extent.
> >
> > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network