Oracle V MS-Access

From: Tom Kelsall <tom_krm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:57:50 GMT

Hello, everyone.

My company are negotiating a deal, in competition with another company, which involves writing a database application. My company want to use Oracle, the competitor want to use MS-Access. I would be grateful if any professionals here who have experience of both could give me a few bullet points, with brief explanations, which give legitimate backing to my company's position: does Access have limits which Oracle doesn't? Does Oracle offer greater functionality? My company rep needs to convince the customer who will be the end user of the application - so nothing in depth or too techy or arcane, please.

Thanks very much indeed - I look forward to your reply.

--
Tom Kelsall HND MCP
"Integer vitae scelerisque purus"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 24 2000 - 08:57:50 CST