Are the indexes clustered or not:?

From: david spaisman <david.spaisman_at_compaq.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:58:20 -0500

Hello:

I am looking at the indexes in a production system that I have taken over recently. I have queried dba_indexes and have also looked through DBArtisan looking at the tables and indexes but I cannot determine if the index es are clustered or not.

  1. How can I determine if the indexes are clustered?
  2. If a primary key is unique, and I see the indexes named with a pk extension are, are these indexes considered 'clustered' in the db2/mssql server sense of a clustered index?
  3. I not , should I have them created as such?

THanks.

David Spaisman Received on Fri Mar 24 2000 - 08:58:20 CST