Oracle error ORA-00000

From: Antonio Doblado Romo <ade_at_tinet.fut.es>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:44:15 +0100

Hello,

I have developed an application in Visual Basic 6 which connects to an Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 database (the server runs under windows NT). I have created a service on one client machine using the "Net8 easy config" to connect with thw database using TCP-IP. I have tested the service, it runs fine and I can connect to the database using SQL Plus and Schema manager.

To connect my application (which uses RDO) to the database, I have created a DSN using the service mentioned before, and Microsoft ODBC drivers version 2.573.000 (Spanish). It has worked for one month without any problem until yesterday, when I get an error executing my application. The error is (in Spanish):

40002:IM006: [Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC]Error de SQLSetConnectAttr del controlador

If I try to execute the Oracle ODBC test using the DSN, I get the next error when I try to connect to the database:

SQLSTATE: NA000
NAtive Error Code:0
DriverMessage[Microsoft][ODBC Driver for Oracle]Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-00000

No suggestions are given to avoid this error when I ask for them.

The Oracle configuration has not changed, and the DSN is also the same. I have not installed new programs or drivers in my PC, so I do not understand why it worked before and not now. Other computers configured exactly the same are working OK.

żAnybody can help me?

Thanks.

--
Antonio Doblado Romo