Oracle and web development

From: <rushbuff4_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:31:58 GMT

Hello All -

Our company is looking to deploy a large toxicological database on the web. Users will be able to select or choose 60 fields to be searched
(with error checking done on the client side) and reported on. Our
previous venture using C++, JavaScript, and PERL works quite well, but development time was quite long. We've been investigating both Oracle and Cold Fusion. We liked the speed at which Cold Fusion can develop pages, but have had a terrible time getting Oracle to work to use it's tools.

Our question are:

How are Oracles web development tools?

Can they handle keeping state over multiple pages? (our searches would probably be too big for just one page with the error checking that needs to be done)

How is it on the client end? (Is the plug in's large? Terrible for modem connections?)

Realistically, jumping into Oracle from PERL, C++, JavaScript, how long until we can get up to speed on development in Oracle?

And, most important, are their any complex sites out there using all Oracle tools that we can investigate and view their newest tools in action?

Thanks in advance!

Don Bremer
Dbremerx_at_xecodev.com

(Remove all x's for my true mail address)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 23 2000 - 13:31:58 CST