Re: Converting(Access 97 to Oracle)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:19:20 +0100

There is an Acess Migration Wizard in Oracle but that doesn't seem to work without problems.
The other solution is to create an ODBC DSN to the Oracle database and export all your tables to the Oracle Database using Access. Warning: All your tablenames need to be in uppercase and without special characters. ODBC doesn't convert this automatically and Oracle requires you to enclose all object names with special characters (lower case, spaces etc) in double quotes.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA