Re: sqlplus Error

From: Cusn_It <gwstairs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:09:04 GMT

Thanks for the quick response but this is still not working. I have an environment variable ORA_NLS33 variable but not an ORA_NLS33_DATA variable. It is set exactly the same as everyone elses. Could there be any issues around my unix account. I'm running csh where as the others are running sh?

Also, the directory pointed to by ORA_NLS33 is -r--r--r-- on all files. There shouldn't be any directories below ORACLE_HOME that I do not either have read priviledge or read\write.

Stumped and annoyed
GWS Sybrand Bakker wrote in message
<953679301.5015.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>...
>Most likely a problem with ORA_NLS33_DATA.
>
>Hth,
>
>Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
>Cusn_It <gwstairs_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I get a message that a message file "sp1<lang>.msb" cannot be loaded
when
>> execute sqlplus in a telnet windows on a sun machine running oracle
8.0.5.

>> I read where there could be a problem with my ORACLE_HOME environment
>> variable but that's not the case. I also have ORACLE_SID, LD_LIBRARY and
>> ORACLE_BASE correctly set and belong to the dba group. Any idea's.
>>
>> BTW, at least 2 other users have exactly the same env and can run
SQLPLUS.