Re: Newbie Update Help

From: Dhimant Patel <dhimantp_at_puma.mt.att.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:35:34 -0500

To identify a blocking session you can use dba_blockers view which can be created by running catblock.sql in /rdbms/admin directory.

To actually identify a session you can use v$access view.

Once you know who is blocking you can kill it's session by first find sid and serial# from v$session.

    select username,osuser,sid,serial# from v$session; Next use

    Alter system kill session '<SID>, <serial#> ';

Hope this helps,
Dhimant.