Re: Create DSN Programmatically for Oracle 7.3

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:06:39 +0100

Could you provide more background, ie the reason why you need to do this? The DSNs end up in an ini file and the registry, ordinary windows api calls should be sufficient to modify the list of DSN. However, modifying dynamically the tnsnames.ora is a daunting task I wouldn't recommend to anyone. This is a typical administrator issue, and shouldn't imo be done on the fly.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA