Re: performance of Oracle 8.x on HPUX, NT?

From: <efflerch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:40:57 GMT

In article <953702412.1740326743_at_news.erols.com>, Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Michael Engshun wrote:
> >Hello everyone...
> >
> >Does anyone have information about the perfomance of Oracle (8.x
> >preferred but I'll take any version) on NT versus HP-UX? And yes I
> >know hardware configuration makes a difference, but let's note the
> >difference and begin there.
> >
> >I plan to run some SQL scripts, but I thought I'd check the general
> >population for their experiences and what they have heard.
> >
> >I talked to Oracle and they didn't offer much other than suggesting
we
> >create and run some SQL scripts.
> >
> >Any benchmarking tools, hints, suggestions equally appreciated.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Michael Engshun
> >michael.engshun_at_usa.net
>
> I am currently working with two HP-UX systems, one dual processor
system and
> one four processor system, both of which have 2GB of RAM and after
working on
> NTs for a while I find them very quick.
>
> For example I have a monitor script that I run periodically and the
first time
> I ran it on the four processor HP-UX box it ran so much faster than
it did on a
> four processor (450Mhz Pentium) that I thought the job had aborted.
>
> --
> Jerry Gitomer
> Once I learned how to spell DBA, I became one

it seems Oracle is slow at NT

Our Productionsystem with Windows NT on a Pentium 3 Machine (600 Mhz 4 proc 1GB RAM ) is only appr. 50% faster than a Copy of the DB at a Testsystem at a Pentium 2 (200 Mhz 1 proc 128 MB RAM ) under LINUX

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 22 2000 - 05:40:57 CST