Re: Can not allocate log

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:49:05 +0100

This is a familiar problem.
You are running in archive log. Either of three conditions apply 1 the archiver is not running. Issue archive log start in server manager. 2 Archival is needed and there is no space on the destination archive medium 3 There is a 'burst of data', which results in all online logs needed to be archived, and the archiver can't keep up. In this case make your online redo logs bigger, and/or add additional online redo logs.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA