Re: performance of Oracle 8.x on HPUX, NT?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:15:45 -0500

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Michael Engshun wrote:
>Hello everyone...
>
>Does anyone have information about the perfomance of Oracle (8.x
>preferred but I'll take any version) on NT versus HP-UX? And yes I
>know hardware configuration makes a difference, but let's note the
>difference and begin there.
>
>I plan to run some SQL scripts, but I thought I'd check the general
>population for their experiences and what they have heard.
>
>I talked to Oracle and they didn't offer much other than suggesting we
>create and run some SQL scripts.
>
>Any benchmarking tools, hints, suggestions equally appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Michael Engshun
>michael.engshun_at_usa.net

I am currently working with two HP-UX systems, one dual processor system and one four processor system, both of which have 2GB of RAM and after working on NTs for a while I find them very quick.

For example I have a monitor script that I run periodically and the first time I ran it on the four processor HP-UX box it ran so much faster than it did on a four processor (450Mhz Pentium) that I thought the job had aborted.

--
Jerry Gitomer
Once I learned how to spell DBA, I became one Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 23:15:45 CST