Oracle OLE db followup

From: Wally McClure <wallym_at_nospamplease.wallym.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2000 21:31:02 -0600

I forgot to add in my previous post that the error message that is returned is:
OraOLEDB error '80004005'

ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

I have downloaded the 8.1.6 Oracle 8i from technet.oracle.com. Within it is the Oracle OLE-DB driver. I can successfully connect to a remote database running 8.1.6 db. When I changed development machines and put 8.1.6 db on my development machine that also runs IIS, I could not connect to the db with IIS. I created a VB program and connected up no problemo. Yet IIS seems to be the problem. Is there any known issue with using the Oracle OLE-db driver with services? Any other thoughts? My development environment is Windows 2000, VB6SP3, 550 MHz PIII, 256 megabytes of ram.

Wally Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 21:31:02 CST