Oracle newbie question on database creation

From: <xxu_at_commercialware.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:03:22 GMT

Hi,

  I am an Oracle newbie and had previous experience in SQL Server 7. I just managed to install Oracle8i 8.1.5 on Solaris 7 platform. I have several questions regarding how to use it: 1. how to create more databases? write scripts? Where scripts are executed? in SQLPlus? With what command? Do I need to modify ORACLE_SID or the SID is only used for the starter database? 2. what are the general tools to manage databases in Oracle? Is there some tool like SQL Server 7 Enterprise Manager which manages databases, user accounts and everything?

Much thanks,
Xiaocun Xu
xxu_at_commercialware.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 16:03:22 CST