Re: how to load MS Access db into SQL

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:28:13 GMT

roopa,

You can do this in one of several ways. You look at the MSaccess migration guide found at http://technet.oracle.com (membership is required and is free) or you can manually create the desired table structure in an Oracle schema then use an Access Macro consisting of runSQL items (statements) which perform inserts from access to Oracle. This is a good method if you want to change the table structures and have greater control over object creation including space allocation, indexes and the like.

You will require the Oracle ODBC drivers to perform the transfer using the macros. You can download the odbc driver from technet.

HTH Brian