Argument order in a Procedure - Oracle8

From: Cheech <cheechq_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 00:10:41 -0600

When I create a procedure like this:
CREATE or REPLACE PROCEDURE test (

arg1 IN X.X%TYPE,
arg2 IN X.Y%TYPE,
arg3 IN X.Z%TYPE) AS

I can only get it to work by passing the arguments in reverse order: EXECUTE test(arg3, arg2, arg1)
arg1 is VARCHAR2(6)
arg2 is VARCHAR2(4)
arg3 is NUMBER(8,4)

I have to execute three procedures this way. My other procedures work normally and accept the args in the order specified in the code. From what I understand Oracle matches arguments by datatype not the variable name. I recreate my procedures often and Oracle speratically changes the arg order. Is there any way around this? Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 00:10:41 CST