Re: can 8racle 8.1.5 send emails?

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:04:10 +0100

Almost everything is possible. I bet there's a C interface on your platform to send mails. By using something like PLEX on Oracle7 (http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/plex/index.html) or external procedures on Oracle8 (http://technet.oracle.com/tech/pl_sql/index2.htm?Code&listing.htm) you can achieve this. In 8.1.5 theres the COM Automation interface as well for Windows so you would be able to call eg Outlook.

HTH. Finn