HELP!! Install Oracle8i on Solaris 7

From: <xxu_at_commercialware.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:59:38 GMT

With some helpful suggestions, I finally got to the install page. But after it finished 13%, it stuck on crtn.o, with the error:

Returning false for isDataBaseup
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

        at java.lang.StringBuffer.expandCapacity(StringBuffer.java)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java) java.lang.OutOfMemoryError at java.io.BufferedWriter.<init>(BufferedWriter.java) at java.io.BufferedWriter.<init>(BufferedWriter.java)

I checked memory on UE250, it has 256MB installed, 77MB free at the time I ran the Oracle Installer, which shrink to 42MB when I got the error back. The install manual stated 128MB required, I assumed the base 256MB should be sufficient, or it meant 128MB physical memory required just for Oracle?

Much thanks,

Xiaocun Xu
mailto:xxu_at_commercialware.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 20 2000 - 09:59:38 CST