Re: Help - looking for career advice RE Oracle Financials...!

From: bob sullivan <bsullivn_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 02:28:44 GMT

I've been working as a programmer supporting Oracle Apps for about a year now, and there are two things that have made my life a lot easier than it would have been otherwise:

  1. TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers), and
  2. The Technical Reference Manuals for the Apps we support (Order Entry, Receivables, Inventory, Sales and Marketing, Self-serve Web Apps, Manufacturing...)

TOAD is pretty cheap, for everything it gives you (something like $300 or $400 per license). I remember thinking the TRMs were expensive when we ordered them, but the information they contain is well worth every penny, IMHO. (ERDs of the tables in each module, descriptions of the tables and columns therein, etc.)

Hope this helps,
bob :)