WebDB Default home error

From: Raj Nayak <raj.nayak_at_metamor-is.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:27:56 -0600

I am attempting to install WebDB on my
laptop. I installed Oracle 8iEE (v. 8.1.5) on the same machine which has

Windows NT 4.0 Workstation OS. When I run the WebDB install (v.2.0.5 for

NT), the
first thing it asks me in the Oracle Installation Settings window is the

Oracle home, which I specify as 'DEFAULT_HOME' which is the home I set up for the 8i installation. For location, I provide the location of
'D:\Oracle\Ora81' which is where it was set up. Language is English of
course. I get a 'General Information' message that says: "The location specified, "D:\Oracle\Ora81' is already used as an Oracle home for 'Oracle 815 Production'. It cannot be used as an Oracle home for 'nt'."

I click on OK, and I am taken back to the Oracle Installation Settings, and I am not able to get past this.

Also, not knowing what I was doing, I thought I would specify a new Oracle home and I typed in the name: 'WEBDB_HOME' and location:
'D:\WEBDB' and clicked OK. It prompts me to choose between Typical
install and Custom Install. I choose Typical.. and say OK. It asks me for the SYS password, and I type it in (change_on_install) without changing host name (my computer name) or port# (80) info, and click OK. I get an error:

"PL/SQL Web Toolkit does not support multiple installations, and therefore cannot be installed on 'WEBDB_HOME'. It can only be installed on 'DEFAULT_HOME'. In order to install PL/SQL Web Toolkit, please run the Installer again, and select 'DEFAULT_HOME as the target location."

But I already tried that! I say OK and the installation software closes.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this problem? I have tried both approaches and dont seem to be getting anywhere.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Raj Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 17:27:56 CST