HELP!! Install Oracle8i on Solaris 7

From: <xxu_at_commercialware.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:06:45 GMT

Hi,

  I need to install Oracle8i Enterprise on the new Sun UE250 (Solaris 7) we just got. In Oracle8i Install Guide, Chapter 2 Setting the Environment, it requested to create mounting points (/u01, /u02, etc.) at root. How to accomplish that with a single disk drive?   I am a experienced Unix user, but never an admin. When I first installed Solaris 7 on the UE250, it automatically partitioned the drive with all the mount points. The biggest partition I have is /export/home which is about 6.5GB. Could I free some space from there to create the mounting points for Oracle?   Also, what is the recommended size for the mounting points? I was thinking 1.5GB for /u01 to store software and 1.5GB for /u02 for databases. This server will only be used for development purpose and will unlikely to host VLDB in the near future.

Any suggestion and recommendation would be very much appreciated, Xiaocun
xxu_at_commercialware.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 14:06:45 CST