SQL*Plus and using a variable at command line - Help!

From: Sally Madeira <softsense_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:44:50 GMT

I have the following procedure:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE DIVISION.CliLCBalance AsOfDate;IN DATE) AS
BEGIN       DELETE FROM CliLCBalance;

INSERT INTO CLiLCBalance (officenum, clinum ,NetLCBalance)

     SELECT OfficeNum,
            CliNum,
            NetLCBalance
     FROM Comdyear
     WHERE Comdyear.Dateval = AsOfDate;

END;

I have an SQL File that runs the execute command to run the proc:

(EOMProcedures.sql)

WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT FAILURE;       EXECUTE Division.Create_CliLCBalance(&1);

EXIT SUCCESS;       My sqlplus command line is as follows and I think the problem is the fact that
my IN Parameter is a date -

sqlplus Division/Division_at_oraserv @EOMProcedures.sql 01-Jan-2000

This just is not working. I have tried every possible way to get this to work but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. The key here is the fact that I need to read in a date value.

Thanks in Advance
Sally Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 13:44:50 CST