Re: unable to start reports server

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:56:53 GMT

I have often had problems with 'invisible' characters such as spaces or carriage returns making the entrie(s) unreadable. I have just gotten to the point that I try and use the net8 easy config first before monkeying with cut and paste in notebook. this seems to solve alot of headaches... that is until the users start messing with stuff they aren't supposed to...

sonya

In article <38D24E83.F0809042_at_ensib.ee>, Juhan Kundla <juhan_at_ensib.ee> wrote:
> Hm? Really? I have written all my tnsnames.ora entries so, that they
> take more than one line. This makes them more readable for human. And
> haven't had any problems with that so far.
>
> Juhan
>
> Jan Prause wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for help. I found a solution on a Oracle Board. My fault
was, the entry
> > in the tnsnames.ora was more than one line, but it has to be only
one line. Now
> > my entry looks like this:
> > 60repserv.world=(Address=(protocol=tcp)(host=<ip-address>)
(port=1949))
> > and it works.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 11:56:53 CST