OAS on Linux

From: Hyper B Orean <hyper.b.orean_at_autonomous.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 07:46:51 +1100

Are there any OAS 4.0.8.1 on Linux users out there? Do you all have the same infuriating bugs as I get? (random bits of various cartridges as documented don't function). E.g. I can get ICX to work with LiveHTML cartridges -- this is a major showstopper as I was expecting LiveHTML to call on a whole bunch of servlets I have finished writing.

Is OAS on NT any more stable? We haven't positively decided that Linux will be the deployment platform just yet. I've had these types of infuriating problems with linux versions of Oracle (OAS and database) before. Its not Linux per se, just Oracle's support of same. It also doesn't help when Oracle Support has no idea about Linux either. (took them 6 months to acknowledge that OAS 4.0.7 on Linux is totally bug-ridden and non-functional in its Java support).

regs
hbo Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 14:46:51 CST