Re: OAS on NT - Apps not starting - please help

From: Hyper B Orean <hyper.b.orean_at_autonomous.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 07:39:40 +1100

you can force an app to start with the OAS by clicking the 'hosts' button on the application's parameter screen (can't remember which one exactly -- i'm at home), then there's a parameter for 'min number of threads' change it from 0 to 1.

then the app will always start with the rest of OAS.

also, actually, the other problem may be the 128MB of RAM. not enough; it says quite clearly 256 is required!! 512 more like for decent operation. I could 4.0.7 on NT with 128 to run A cartridge, but two at the same time caused swap space full problems.

BTW, i'm having some hideous problems with the Live HTML cartirdge not wanting to execute ICX requests -- either via 'SSI' or programmatically via one of the WAO services; has anyone got this to function???

regs
hbo

Jason Archambeau <jarchambeau_at_email.msn.com> wrote in message news:utT3Drvj$GA.260_at_cpmsnbbsa05...
> A few notes on this:
>
> 1) The "flags" in the OAS Manager will always be Red unless the APP has
> been executed. The Cartrdige Server process does not start anything
unless
> it is invoked (usually through a URL call) and then it stays in memory
(and
> therefore active) until the specified timeout. It is is normal to have
Red