Limiting a Select statement

From: Wil <vousave_at_deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:03:29 GMT

Hi All,
Here is a basic question for you all, don't be rude please. I have been out of Oracle for many years now and have been working with recordbased dbmses in the mean time, so my mind is kinda biased.

I need to retrieve some columns from two different tables TBLA and TBLB that have a relation based on column C. I need a combination of columns from these tables, eh a join, right ? The problem is that if I do this I get a full table scan and I'm actually only interested in ten rows at a time. How do I tell to only fetch 10 rows? Can this be done in the select statement? I need to place a limit on there because these tables are both populated with over a million rows. For example I'm looking for something like this

Select * from TBLA, TBLB
where ( (TBLA.C = TBLB.C) AND (TBLA.NAME >= "Thomas"))

TIA
--
Wil Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 09:03:29 CST