Backup solutions?

From: Dan Sveen Olsen <dan.olsen_at_thomson-csf.no>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:48:52 +0100

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance if this has been dealt with before, and my poor English.

We have a server (Windows NT Server w/SP6a) running Oracle 8.0.5. Our backup-server (also the same) takes backup of the disks on the Oracle-server using Veritas BackupExec 7.2. What is the best solution? Take down the Oracle-database and then do the backup, or just leave it the way it is? If taking down the database is the best solution, what is the best way to do it? Using AT to run a script taking down the database? I would be very thankful if you could provide examples, thanks.

TIA Dan Sveen Olsen (dan.olsen_at_thomson-csf.no). Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 08:48:52 CST