Re: Updating a remote table with data from a Local Table

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:46:54 -0000

How much data are you moving in one shot, I've just implemented a data-pump type of mechanism on 8.0.5 on NT which does exactly this inside a PL/SQL loop. I push 1,5,00 rows per second, committing in batches of 10,000 to 20,00 for a total of a couple of million rows at a time. No problems (yet).

Any difference between source and
target platforms ? Any peculiar trace files on the target ? especially network trace files (in $ORACLE_HOME/network/trace
possibly).

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

<2jd0dsobarc5dq3kggr3otekhisrn2nv40_at_4ax.com>...