Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/03/15

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:51:26 +0000, DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

>In most cases, opinions on the web come with no strings attached i.e.
>the person could rarely profit from an action of yours (influenced by
>their opinion) ; thus there's less temptation to bend the truth.

In most cases. There is also the "submarine", the guy or girl from a maker, with a deja.com or other alias, who comes in and trolls away.

In general, if I see an opinion that is not attached to a reasonably identifiable e-mail address, I smell a rat straight away.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CST