Sharing Oracle users

From: Tim Shute <tshute_at_nisoft.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:55:28 -0000

Hi group

We have an existing Oracle (7.3.4) database instance set up for a client. They want a new database instance (new instance NOT new schema within the same instance) set up to carry out a completely different function

The problem is that they want to share the Oracle users that were created in the first database, allowing them to log onto the new database instance.

Can it be done? If yes, then how?

Thanks in advance

--
Tim Shute
Software Engineering Manager

I www.nisoft.co.uk

Monday 6 March 2000

NiSoft Asia Pacific today announced that they have received £150,000 of orders for their new safety permit management system eclipse which was launched in the prestigious Compass Rose suite of the Westin Hotel in Singapore last Friday. Power generation companies from India to Australia sent representatives to be at the launch of the leading safety permit product in the industry.
Pamela Johnston, NiSoft Director for Asia Pacific, said "We are delighted to see both new and existing customers respond with so much enthusiasm for the eclipse product. We believe this is recognition of NiSoft's expertise in the area of safety permits, and we look forward to many more power stations in this region benefiting from both eclipse, and our wide ranging experience of the power industry in Asia Pacific." Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 10:55:28 CST