Adding bigger redo logs made system slow

From: Sandeep Singh Bajwa <sbajwa_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 01:39:13 GMT

In our DSS system running on digital unix, single CPU, we had 4 logs of 5 MB each, I added two extra and made them all 50MB each . Now system is slower with Latch contention for redo copy. Oracle recommends to decrease log_simaltaneous_copy??? (which is not in .ora file and is probably default ).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sandeep Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 19:39:13 CST